» Auto Accident Claim Process

Accident Rehab

Auto Accident Claim Process

Being involved in a collision can be a very frustrating and trying time for you as you complete all the necessary steps to file and complete your claim and having alot of physical pain as you do.

MVA (Motor Vehicle Accident)

If you have sustained injuries from a motor vehicle accident it is important to begin treatment as soon as possible.  This will decrease the healing time and recovery period and return you to your usual daily activities faster.

Injuries caused from your involvement in a motor vehicle related accident can include; back, neck and jaw, shoulders, knees and many other parts of the body.  You may experience discomfort and/or symptoms which can include headaches, dizziness and nausea and vomiting.

If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident it is important to report the accident to your insurance company (within 10 days) to allow the insurance company to start a claim for you and provide coverage of physiotherapy treatment fees.

What to do if you are injured in an Automobile Accident:

1. See a Primary Health Care Practitioner (physiotherapist, medical doctor) as soon as possible for an assessment of your injury and, if needed, treatment advice.

2. File an injury accident report with the police.

3. Complete the attached Notice of Loss and Proof of Claim Form (AB-1), retain a copy for your records and send the original signed form(s) to the insurance company. If you are unable to send the form within the following timeframes, submit it to your insurance company as soon as practicable and explain the reason for the delay.

• If your injury is diagnosed as a sprain, strain or whiplash associated disorder I or II, submit this form within 10 days of the accident so that you can access accident benefits described as the "Diagnostic and Treatment Protocols."

• If you have other types of injuries, or you choose not to access the accident benefits described as the "Diagnostic and Treatment Protocols", submit the form within 30 days of the accident.

• If a family member is fatally injured in the collision, you can access funeral, grief counselling and death benefits. This form should be submitted within 30 days of the accident.

4. You will be contacted about the benefits you are entitled to receive after the insurance company reviews your completed form. If your insurance company needs any additional information in order to process your application, they will contact you.

Click here for:   Auto Accident Forms

Motor Vehicle Insurance:  If you were injured in a car accident, physiotherapy is completely covered by the Automobile legislation.

Accessing funding does require paperwork to be completed by both the patient and the physiotherapist. If you are assessed within 10 days of the car accident, you can qualify for either the WAD 1 or WAD 2 in-protocol programs. For out-of-protocol programs of care, legislation requires private insurance be accessed first, with the remaining unpaid balance covered by the Automobile Insurance.

The rate charged per visit will vary depending on the level of care and the amount of data collection required. When in-protocol, you are covered for the Regular Visit Rate. When out-of-protocol, you are covered by either the Comprehensive Visit or Complex Visit Rate.

Navigating the Automobile Accident Insurance Benefits and dealing with adjusters can be a complicating process.

Our MVA  Administratior can assist you with the process.  

For more information on Motor Vehicle Accidents please give us a call: 403-547-2099 or email us at interactivehealthphysio@gmail.com

Share this page
Interactive Health & Ranchlands Health Physiotherapy have merged! SPECIAL RATE ON MASSAGE AVAILABLE NOW!