PHYSIOTHERAPY + YOU
Physiotherapy + You
Many Albertans have an illness, injury or condition which makes mobility difficult and therefore effects every aspect of our day-to-day lives, from working to participating in hobbies or exercising. Physiotherapy is performed by physiotherapists. Physiotherapists are experts on how your body moves and what stops it from moving. As movement specialists, physiotherapists will use a hands-on approach to help you restore, maximize and maintain movement for the rest of your life. In Alberta, physiotherapy is a regulated health-care profession. This means only qualified professionals can become registered physiotherapists and use the titles physiotherapist, physical therapist or PT.
Physiotherapists at Interactive Health use a variety of treatment methods including:
- Therapeutic Exercises & Education/Home Program
- Exercise (General, Corrective)
- Manual therapy (Manipulation, Mobilization, Active Release Therapy)
- Electrotherapy (TENS, Interferential, Muscle Stimulation)
- Graston, ISTM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization)
- Diathermy: Ultrasound, Radiofrequency
- Acupuncture: Anatomical, Dry Needling, IMS (intramuscular stimulation)
- Therapeutic Laser (Class 3b, Class 4)
- Shockwave, Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT)
- Increasing injury recovery
- Soft Tissue Techniques
- Ice/Heat/Hot Wax Therapy
- Balance/Gait Training
These modalities will re-establish normal movement in your joints, muscles and nerves.
An Evidence-Based Solution that’s Low-Risk and Non-Invasive
Sometimes we see patients who are already recovering from surgery, but in many cases, we can help you avoid the need for surgery altogether. Surgery can be high-risk and might not work. Prescription pain medications also come with serious risks involved and lose their effectiveness over time. We commonly see patients who have developed a tolerance to their prescriptions.
We’re happy to be able to provide treatment that’s safe and leads to long-term recovery, not just a temporary reduction in pain. Our treatment programs are aimed at assisting your body in healing itself naturally so that you can live better and make your stubborn and chronic pain a thing of the past.
We provide professional treatment for many conditions:
- Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries – Insurance Approved
- Work related injuries – WCB Approved
- Post-operative rehab/therapy – Alberta Health Funding
- Post fracture rehabilitation – Alberta Health Funding
- Muscle/Joint/Sport injuries
- Chronic pain
- Degenerative diseases (Osteoarthritis)
- Tendonitis/arthritis management
- Office injury prevention (ergonomics)
Please visit Physiotherapy Alberta for more information: